Top Social

Editorial Inspiraton

Monday, April 14, 2014





I'm often intrigued by the creativity of many editorial spreads in popular magazines. Flipping through the pages on Harper Bazaar Magazine is like a Iced  Carmel Frappuccino from Starbucks.  



I love the exaggeration of the hair and make up . I love the innovative clothing used for the shoots . I love how the set of the shoot compliments the concept that the stylist and photographer is working to capture. Its creativity at another level and and it's like they live on planet "BOLD". However I want to see more editorial spreads for the plus size community.  It saddens me not to see plus size women in any of these editorial magazines. Which makes me wonder why ? Why are plus size women not exposed in the mainstream magazines ? Why do plus size women have to abide by boring fashion rules? Why are plus size women are selected to have safe selections when being styled? I want to see plus size women in a different aspect . I want more high fashion and innovation in the plus size industry . I say let's pump up the volume and bring the drama . 

Here is a look I decided to create based on my personal style . As you guys know I'm all about the drama.  The dress and the setting went together perfectly . I was going for a vintage fashion look with a modern touch . Tell me what you guys think .
kurvaciousbella, plussizelacedress,bold,rebelwithacause





kurvaciousbella, plussizelacedress,bold,rebelwithacause


Dress, Hair, & Make up by- Me
27 comments on "Editorial Inspiraton"
  1. YES! YES! & YES! Everything about this dress with simple hair and make-up is just right! Where can I get mine lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much .. I taking a limited amount of orders if interested email kurvaciousbella@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. You're taking orders?? Sign me up! I need a 24. lol

      Delete
  2. You look amazing and these photos are really gorgeous! I too love dramatics of high fashion and editorial spreads. I would love to see more plus size women grace these editorial shoots! We, the plus size community, must continue pushing the envelope! We will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that .. I hope to encourage others to do step out the box .

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!! Are you taking orders? This is fantastic! Send this Plus Model Magazine and demand they follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much..for ordering email kurvaciousbella@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. I'm speechless! Which doesn't make for a good comment haha! You are everything that the plus size world needs. Please, more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that dress! How do I get one?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can purchase at http://kurvacioustylez.storenvy.com

      Delete
  6. You SLAYED this editorial!!!! It saddens me to see that sometimes the plus plus size women, go unnoticed. It really bothers me to go in a store & see just an average plus size model or mannequin. I can't tell how the clothes are going to look on me. Anyway, girl YOU KILLED IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress where can i purchase???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can purchase at http://kurvacioustylez.storenvy.com

      Delete
  8. LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need this dress in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much You can purchase at http://kurvacioustylez.storenvy.com

      Delete
  9. you did that!!!!!!! love the bold and dramatic statement!!!! MORE MORE and MORE

    ReplyDelete
  10. GURL, I NEED THIS DRESS IN MY LIFE LIKE ASAP. and you look damn fierce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can purchase at http://kurvacioustylez.storenvy.com

      Delete
  11. Beautifull and indeed highlights why the plus size models deserves the recognition. . . I am in the UK can I order as well?

    ReplyDelete